FWMN Presents DREAM – September 12th through September 18th, 2021
Fashion Week MN Fall 2021 Producer and Designer Applications Are CLOSED
Fashion Week MN is the premier Fashion Week event of the North, highlighting the current collections of Minnesota-based designers, brands, and retailers. The mission of Fashion Week MN is to cultivate the interconnected fashion economy of the North that inspires, drives and supports creativity while breeding opportunity in a global market.
Applications were due Tuesday, June 15th. Proposals received after that time will not be considered for the Fall 2021 lineup. You will be notified whether or not your proposal has been accepted by Thursday, July 1st. We will be matching producers to designers for the event. You will have an opportunity to let us know if there is a producer/designers you want to work with (an application will need to be completed), but we request that all producers and designers have an open mind in case their selection is not available.
A designer can include brands, clothing makers, jewelry/accessory makers, or boutiques and is someone who doesn’t want to produce an event. As a designer, you must be open to being paired with other designers and producers.
A producer, by definition, is in charge of every aspect of a fashion show/event and can be a brand, individuals, or a boutique. The producer must coordinate and bring all pieces of the show together, including models, staff, lights, sound, seating and recording of the show. You can have a co-producer or organization produce a show. As a producer, you must be open to being paired with other designers who you may not have chosen.
If your proposal is selected for the Fall 2021 FWMN lineup, please keep in mind:
- As an event producer, you are a representative of FWMN. We expect you to produce an organized, professional-quality fashion-focused event that adheres to the event description outlined in your initial event proposal.
- During the planning process, you are required to check in with the FWMN team as needed to share pertinent event updates and promotional images.
- All clothing/accessories samples must contain runway ready quality.
- Must be open to press and interviews.
- Must show a collection of looks.
- Must be interested and ready to sell and/or market your brand.
- Make it a priority to respond promptly to any emails from the FWMN team.
- Promote your event through available channels and acknowledge FWMN in all of your event promotions.
- FWMN will provide a producer to work with you for the event if you do not have one in mind.
Events are accepted based on various factors, including qualities that reflect FWMN’s values and the needs of the community.