RECAP: Fall 2018 Fashion Week MN
That’s a wrap! The Fall 2018 edition of Fashion Week MN was held September 23-29 at various venues in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Check out this press coverage:
- Read a recap of the Bano eeMee Art of Leather event at Queen Anna, FGI’s Fall: Into Luxury fashion show, and Shelly Mosman’s S’habiller Avec Amour fashion show by Minnesota Monthly editors on the MNMO style blog.
- Check out the red-carpet coverage by Anahita Champion from the #Minnstafashion official #FWMN kickoff event hosted by W Minneapolis – The Foshay & The Scout Guide. She speaks to attendees, local fashion movers & shakers, and Fashion Week MN co-founder Jahna Péloquin.
- Read City Pages‘ coverage of the Trippy Stylez Fashion Event showcasing attendees’ style, photographed by Pierre Ware, and of Minnstafashion by Amy Gee.
- Check out slideshows of event images by City Pages of the Minnstafashion event, Cake Plus Size’s Cake After Dark event, and of the Fresh Traditions Fashion Show.
View more photos from Fashion Week MN shows at on our Facebook page. Select event photos include:
- W Minneapolis + Scout Guide Minneapolis present Minnstafashion: Official FWMN Kickoff (9/20)
- MN4MN presents Right Justified (9/22)
- Blunt Cuts Podcast Live Taping (9/23)
- The Lookbook (9/23)
- Design With Intention (9/23)
- Fulbe Couture by Fulbekloset Fashion Show (9/24)
- Local Coterie (9/25)
- Karen Morris Millinery presents Century Gone By (9/26)
- Trippy Stylin’ Fashion Show (9/26)
- Queen Anna presents The Art of Leather with Bano eeMee (9/27)
- Pharmacie presents Amalgamation (9/27)
- FGI-MSP presents Fall: Into Luxury (9/27)
- Conspiracy of Strange Girls presents Cultus Unknown (9/28)
- FWMN at FAM Fridays (9/28)
- The Fitting Room Streetside Fashion Show (9/29)
- Minneapolis Vintage Market presents Mid-Century Modified (9/29)
- S’habiller Avec Amour: To Dress With Love (9/29)
Fashion Week MN’s fall 2018 season was also featured in the print editions of Star Tribune, Pioneer Press, City Pages (we got A-listed!) and The Journal, and on-air at WCCO-TV, spotlighting both Right Justified and Local Coterie events. Here more pre-event coverage:
- City Pages style writer Kara Nesvig highlighted her top Fall FWMN picks on the City Pages blog.
- City Pages editor Jessica Armbruster spotlighted the lineup on the City Pages blog.
- Minnesota Monthly editor Lianna Matt wrote about the lineup on the MNMO style blog.
- Minnesota Monthly editor Anna Bjorlin featured a sneak peek of Minnstafashion on the MNMO style blog.
- Mpls.St.Paul Magazine spotlighted the lineup on its Shop & Style blog.
- Fashion Week MN co-founder Jahna Peloquin along with Fall FWMN event producers/designers Houston White of HWMR and Karen Morris of Karen Morris Millinery were featured on the Synapse Podcast on WCCO Radio.
- Support the Kickstarter campaign for Ini Iyamba’s new line, Right Justified, which debuted over Fall FWMN, at rightjustifiedfashion.com.
- Listen to the episode of the Blunt Cuts Podcast that was taped live during Fall FWMN at bluntcutspodcast.com.
- See video of the Fresh Traditions Season XII Fashion Show on the Hmong TV Network.
PHOTO COURTESY FGI-MSP/MOLLY SMITH