FWMN Announces AWAKE: Spring 2021 Lineup April 28 to May 1
Fashion Week MN (FWMN) announces it will host AWAKE: Spring 2021 lineup on April 28 through May 1.
This spring, expect a COVID-safe, yet exciting lineup that showcases the work of local fashion veterans and fresh up-and-coming talent. This spring’s lineup features 7 events that represent a cross-section of the Minnesota fashion community, showcasing the diverse talent within the local fashion community.
Tickets will be available soon at fashionweekmn.com/calendar.
The full FWMN AWAKE: Spring 2021 Official Lineup includes:
Wednesday, April 28:
- Sip ‘N Bloom presents Urban Garden. Sip ‘N Bloom is the industry leader in DIY floral design events and is making their debut as FWMN’s season opening event. The show will be an interactive and immersive experience featuring the haute couture designs of Karen Morris Millinery and Joynoelle. Guests will explore a labyrinth of mystical blooms and interact with the landscape and models creating a designer flower arrangement. Finished floral masterpieces will be silent auctioned. (VIP 5:00pm, GA 6:00pm, Show Begins 7:00pm, Virtual streaming available. Venue: Else Warehouse Rooftop. Tickets are now available.)
Thursday, April 29:
- IamMoody presents Dress 4 Colour – A Benefit for Save-A-Bull Rescue. IamMoody has produced fashion shows in the Twin Cities for over 30 years. Save-A-Bull is a non-profit volunteer and foster-based pit bull rescue in the Minneapolis area. In addition to great local designers and diverse models, adoptable pit-bulls will also walk the runway this spring. A spoken word performance by Sarah Kamsin will also be part of the show. (Limited VIP In-Person, Virtual General Admission, Show Begins 8:00pm. Venue: The APT MPLS. Tickets available soon. More information available here.)
Friday, April 30:
- SUN50 presents Endless Summer: Check Yourself. SUN50’s mission includes creating eco-friendly, easy-to-wear, fashion-forward pieces as an integral part of skin cancer prevention. Producer Danielle Everine’s show will feature Huxley Optical and Sun50’s SS21 collection styled for the runway under the theme of summer sun protection. The tropical vintage vibe will prepare guests and viewers for a dreamy summer, while providing education on skin cancer prevention. The show will also feature artwork by those affected by skin cancer. Guests and viewers will be able to purchase bandanas printed with the featured artwork. (Limited VIP In-Person, Virtual General Admission, Show begins 7:00pm. Venue: Ooh La La Boutique. Tickets available soon.)
- Amber Griffin and Zagaza Production presents Northwoods Couture. This show will transport guests and viewers to a woodland fantasy. The show will feature live art and beautiful couture pieces from Zagaza Productions, Shae by Day, Tammy Rice, Mariahmac Designs, and Anyse Fashion. ( In-person and virtual GA. Showtime and ticket information available soon.)
Saturday, May 1:
- The Linhall, Dr. Zwack and Andy Ramsran present Gold Lion. Dr. Zwack has produced and featured her collection all over the world in places such as Singapore, Poland and China for International Fashion Week and in New York for NYFW. This year’s virtual runway show will highlight Dr. Zwack’s latest couture collection in the beautiful space at The Linhall. A live sketch segment will also be featured. Local charities will be highlighted throughout the event to raise awareness on the important missions of the organizations. (Virtual General Admission, Show begins 12:00pm. Venue: The Linhall. Tickets available soon.)
- Everyday Ejiji presents Everyday Ejiji: Women owned Minneapolis. Producer Ashley Ngozi will feature women-owned boutiques showing vintage, resale, and secondhand looks. This runway show highlights fashion from Everyday Ejiji, Down the Rabbit Hole, Glamdiggers Vintage, PROJEKT von Anna, Zifa’s Boutique, and Arway Bags. (In-person and virtual GA, Show begins 3:00 pm. Venue: Canopy Minneapolis by Hilton. Ticket information available soon.)
- Kim Jurek Valanzasca presents Evolve. Kim Jurek Valanzasca is back this season with a runway show featuring local designers in Minnesota. This is FWMN’s season closing event and will be sure to excite guests and viewers to the culmination of local fashion in Minnesota. (In-person and virtual GA, Show begins 7:00 pm. Venue: Morrie’s Luxury Auto in Wayzata. Tickets available soon.)
Additional information, including participating designers, locations, times and tickets, will be announced soon. Learn more at fashionweekmn.com, and follow Fashion Week MN on Facebook at facebook.com/fashionweekmn, and @fashionweekmn on Instagram and Twitter.
What is FWMN?
Fashion Week Minnesota is a bi-annual event of runway shows, presentations, panels, and shopping events used to highlight the current collections of Minnesota-based designers, brands, and retailers. The event is organized by Fashion Week MN, a volunteer-run, community-oriented, organization that organizes two fashion weeks each year—a spring edition in April, and a fall edition in September. Annually, FWMN is attended by more than 2,500 attendees during more than 15 events in 7 days. Fashion Week MN was founded in fall 2015 by Jahna Peloquin and Sarah Edwards.